Accelerate, turn and stop.
These are the most basic functions a vehicle performs. The Caterham Roadsport SV’s advantage lies in its relative light-weight, which enhances each of these functions and keenly brings them into the focus of the driver. It accelerates almost faster than the gearshifts can keep up. The front tires effortlessly guide the vehicle in accordance to the driver’s steering input. The brakes, although lacking servo-assistance, curb the vehicle’s velocity with ease.
The Caterham Roadsport SV also has its practical sides, despite its design focus on weight reduction. The trunk fits enough luggage for a weekend trip. Weather gear, consisting of windowed door panels and a roof, in addition with heaters keep the driver and passenger comfortable and dry. Fuel economy ranges from xx~xxkm/l(your mileage may vary).
- 1600cc DOHC 4 cylinder engine
- 5 speed manual transmission
- 800kg dry weight
- 3180/1685/800mm (lxwxh)
- Seating for 1 driver and 1 passenger
- 12 volt cigar jack with USB adapter
- Smartphone holder
Enter and exit the vehicle
- Doors can only be latched and locked from within. It is strongly advisable to keep the door on the driver’s side customarily open.
- Open the door on the side you want to enter.
- Remove the steering wheel, if on the driver’s side.
- Stand next to the seat, hold a structurally sound frame component with each hand and make sure you can support your weight.
- Enter the cockpit with your inward leg first before sliding in.
- Reposition the steering wheel and confirm it has been locked.
Remove and install the roof
- Unpack the roof gear from the trunkspace, erect the supports and loosen the adjuster belt.
- Place the hood on the roof and clip in the buttons at the windscreen first.
- Stretch the hood over the supports and secure the velcro on the underside over the forward support.
- Clip in the buttons on the rear panel and then the side panels.
- From the inside of the vehicle, tension the belts to snug the hood to complete installation.
- In order to remove, loosen the belts and then reverse process.
Remove and install the doors
- Remove roof.
- Hold door and pull upwards.
From left to right
- Headlight flasher
- High beam toggle switch
- Headlight control switch
- Horn button
- Windscreen wiper switch
- Windscreen washer switch
- Oil pressure gauge
- Temperature gauge
- Heater fan switch
- Heated windscreen switch
- Fuel gauge
- Rear fog light switch
- Hazard warning switch
- Brake fail indicator
- Stop the ignition and remove the key.
- Use attached key to unlock and remove the fuel tank’s cap at the rear of vehicle.
- Fuel slowly and monitor the fuel level to prevent fuel overflow. Overflow may happen while refuelling as well as upon completion.
- The cabin has limited driver seating capacity and ergonomic adjustments. Certain persons depending on their physique may not be suited to operate the vehicle.
- Be sure to confirm each time that the steering wheel is locked before operating the vehicle.